Monday, June 11, 2007

Not selling the house, or much of anything

Not gonna happen in this market. Sure, we could price it 'right' & end up still needing to bring 5-7K in to the closing table. It isn't much of a 'savings' by moving closer to J's work.
*Moving would be a $2K expense (deposits for utilities, apartment, etc)
*church is still out here (so at least once a week 150 miles).
*all of the kids doctors - so once a month another 150 miles(more if having issues), and quarterly another 100 miles. Plus no income from daycare. I am so not doing daycare in a rental.
* MOST of all *I* don't want to move to the area where J works. We would have to give up our foster care license, & daycare license since it would be in a different state
*Also, we would have to take the kids off state health ins & pay for them on Js insurance (much more expensive).
*staying in state & just closer---living expenses don't decrease *enough* to warrant the expense of a move.

Well, things are looking up on the house front.
J is able to refi the house in his name only, through a FNMA program for buyers with under 50K income. The back end ratio can be up to 60%. A conventional loan, yeah!

Income:
J's job hunt is not going well. *I* think it is mostly due to him being at his current job for a bit over 6mo. He is just starting to get a call back here & there. His resume is awesome, and we have had it work previously (obviously). The only change really is that last job only being 6mo. It should work itself out sooner or later. For now, we are thankful he has a job. After watching Pursuit of Happyness yesterday, we are totally thankful of that job.

Dh was considering getting a PT gig at a local gas station. A few evening hours here & there. He is still considering it.

I am going to start watching a new baby in a couple of weeks (too cute!). She will be my only one over the summer (besides my kids). I also have a new family starting in the fall, and in the winter my long term daycare boy (3.5yo) is getting a baby sibling that I will get in Jan. Exciting! Plus it will be fun to have a house full again. The routine goes smoother for me with more kids. Go figure?!

My summer job (scoring standardized tests), ended up not panning out due to the schedule - I do evenings & they had no evening contracts. And day contracts isn't worth the gas & babysitter expense. So that is why I signed up the baby during summertime. I hope it works out. If not, we can squeeze by until fall when school starts up & my daycare kids come back (parents are teachers).


Van:
Ended up being a similar situation to the house. Even though we bought it used, it still depreciated enough that we can't come up with the difference(4K). We wouldn't need the second vehicle, but it is a security thing since dh works soooo far away & can't dink around with car issues. And with daycare kids I can't either, until he gets home (which is when the kids leave anyway).

Eating out:
Not much anymore. J gets blow money from his grandmother every once in a while, and that is J's treat to us. :)

Overall, we are doing okay. Slowly (very slowly) reducing debt.

No comments: